Wednesday, December 14, 2011

BE BOLD, SISTER MESSER! BE BOLD!!!

Hello Everyone!

This week has been pretty good. I miss you all!!! I can't believe i've been gone for over a month now though. 

Whoever thinks the MTC is remotely comparable to the field is crazy. I miss the MTC. haha It was so easy! I'm having a really hard time being BOLD. So i guess Pres. Batchelor knows what he's talking about when he repeatedly told me to "be bold". I'm really hoping that aspect gets a bit easier. We went tracting for the first time this week and I thought i was gonna throw up. Luckily i didn't...but i still don't like it. haha After a few doors it got a little bit easier but it's not effective. We've been working with members and less-actives more. Taking pres. Hinckley's advice that there is a smarter way! (when referring to tracting)...hopefully the members will trust us more and start to give us referrals. However, when it comes to tracting, i've found that i like that better than OYM (open your mouth) or street contacting.

We drove out to Lake Ontario and walked along a path along the lake. The view was amazing! I could see the U.S. from the distance and we both miss America. haha We could see the Toronto skyline miles down the shore and it was so cool! I hope I get to serve in the city after I get a little more accustomed to being BOLD. it was sooooooooo cold. The humidity makes a big difference. I can't tell it's humid and my hair doesn't curl weird but when it's cold, it's cold. We walked up to this lady who was staring at the sun and we were like, "hi, we're missionaries for..." and she was like, "I don't believe in organized religion, that people think other religions aren't good enough for other people" something along those lines...and then she said, "i'm actually talking to God right now, check out solarhealing.org" Soooo i guess she was worshipping the sun or something like that...and that is why I don't like walking up to people. 

We've had a few really odd experiences this week.
We did get a return apt from tracting this week and we drove to his house to meet him and was just walking out to walk his dog so we talked to him for a second and he wasn't interested at all. He's Roman Catholic and just didn't care much for what we had to say...BUT we didn't teach very well...being that Sis W gave the entire lesson in about 5 min and i just stood there...and so after that we were like uhhhh alright, we need to fix some things. We totally skipped a large portion of "how to begin teaching" when you get to know the person your teaching and she just started right into the lesson. So in the car we evaluated and practiced how we could've done that better and realized that we were put into that situation for practice because there's someone out there we're supposed to find that is prepared to receive the Gospel soon! and we're being prepared to teach them! Boom.
We had a zone christmas meeting this week with the entire zone. I have some pics i want to send. Hopefully i can buy the little device this week that allows me to do that.

Pres & Sis Scott showed up to our ward yesterday! I guess they go around the mission and attend different meetings but that was cool. it was a nice surprise. They're cool-pretty chill but strict at the same time. Sis Scott is super sweet & caring. She saw my deer in the headlights look at the mission office the day after getting here and she came over and was like, "how are you?" and i was like, "uhhh scared." haha but she assured me that it gets better & she was scared when they got here 3 months ago too. haha Hopefully I make it :)

We went cmas shopping last Pday at the biggest mall i've ever been to. It was insane & Sis W kept getting us lost...haha

Funny story- my district leader, elder fawcett, called sis Wirthlin on saturday night to express his "worry" for me because i'm quiet. I laughed. ya, i'm quiet...until you get to know me. I'm sorry I don't jump out of my seat and raise my hand in .05 seconds when you ask who wants to say the closing prayer :) I guess that just leads back to being BOLD!
I hear Allen Fabby got his call to NYC! oh my gosh! give him a high five for me! that's so sweet. NYC...that's so perfect for him.
We had a ward cmas party and had a few investigators come out. We're having a hard time just finding people who are interested cuz we're new and starting totally all over. Gotes & Gordon are meeting us tomorrow for an apt. AKA we're inviting them to get baptized...so hopefully that works out. haha they're funny guys.
Sis. wirthlin is from Farmington, UT. there are a lot of missionaries from UT. People think it's cool when I tell them i live by las vegas. haha She's a funny girl, we laugh a lot and get along well. We have a lot in common & are always on the same page. We'll seriously say the same thing a lot & while teaching have the same thoughts. unity. only the best.
It's sunny & 4*C today...that's something that takes some getting used to- celsius, meters, kilometers...it's weird. to figure out the temp in F you times the number by 2, multiply by 10% and add 36...i believe. haha well, i'm about to be kicked off the comp. maybe...i better send this to make sure you get it! love and miss you
sister messer