Saturday, July 14, 2012

(Oops! Forgot to post this for 7/3/12!) A NEW COMPANION


Sister Messer with first companion, Sis. Wirthlin and new companion, Sis. Tuia


Hey everyone!
Well, this week has been full of finding. Sister Tuia and I have been coming up with new finding ideas, trying to coorelate them and talking to everyone. We get along really well and we're super stoked to work together. Well, that's coming from me- if you asked her she may disagree ;) She's from Samoa, her dad is a stake president there, she's taught me how to do samoan dances and this is her 7th week in the field. She came pre-trained though, she's awesome. I'll attach some pictures!
Yup, yesterday was Canada Day. It's to celebrate their freedom, i guess. We sang Oh Canada in sacrament meeting- that was fun. Probably won't ever get to sing Oh Canada on Canada Day in sac meeting ever again in my life! haha
Yay, it IS my birthday on Friday! We planned to go out to lunch or something but we just got an email telling us we have interviews with President Scott. So that will be a good way to celebrate too, i suppose! I've gotten some packages from Gma/Gpa, Leavitts, Tar/Jenn and you guys! i'm waiting to open them on my bday, of course! THANKS!
I got a letter from Gma with some chapparel in it! it smells like desert rain! It was so cool to smell it, it made me think of walks around the reservoir! It looks like it's gonna rain here today- perfect for the picnic we've planned to have with our district.
With our district at the mission office

This week we stopped by our Bishops house and his wife said, "i'm translating the Doctrine & Covenants into tamil right now! Do you want to see?" she showed us her computer and all the notes and writings she's made. it was really neat- it was like behind the scenes joseph smith action goin on! She said it will be printed in about 6-8 months or so.
Well, I was reading about Abish in alma today and I love that she was just a servant...alas because of her boldness in sharing the gospel she was able to help with the conversion of thousands of lamanites- along with the testimonies of other people. She's the woman! It helps me to open my mouth and talk to everyone because you never know who you come in contact with if they're prepared to hear the gospel.
have a great week! love and miss ya'll
Sister Messer

No comments: