Friday, December 14, 2012

I'm being transferred!


Hello everyone!
attached are pics of us volunteering at the Waterloo Region food bank, cmas caroling and our district at our zone training this past week.
   Guess what? I'm being transferred! We got calls last night telling me I was whitewashing the Kitchener 2 ward but then they called me again this morning and said they are moving me again...so legit this time i'm whitewashing in the Kitchener/Waterloo ward. My new companion is S. Casner. We were in the same MTC district and she's also from NV! I believe Truckee or Sparks...i'll let you know next week. haha So I get to stay in the same area basically but again with the whitewashing...they really need to stop that. :) I'm totally bummed to be leaving YSA but the cool part is that many of the YSA members that I worked with-their families are in the ward! So that's cool.


   To answer your weather questions- yes, it's been quite rainy and wet. No snow though! And about Owen Sound exchanges- I DIDN'T GET TO GOOOO! Sister Wester isn't allowed to drive for a while and the sister she was going to be companions with doesn't drive at all. So they had to cancel it simply because of driving issues. :(
   Downtown Waterloo and Kitchener are both decorated for Christmas. It's cute with all the wreaths and lights and of course ice skating rinks! Too bad we can't play winter sports! We have a very tiny cmas tree in our apt...i don't know if my new apt with have a cmas tree- we may have to go find one somewhere! 
   Our district went Christmas caroling on Friday night in downtown Kitchener, it was an interesting experience- Kitchener downtown has some one-of-a-kind characters. But it was a lot of fun! I attached a picture. We had to reserve this place called 'speakers corner' where different preachers and what not can stand and preach. haha but i think we're doing it every friday this month.
   We learned a lot about involving prayer in our goal setting this week. Since we were struggling to find new investigators and reaching our goals we were extra prayerful in the eperience. Last Monday we made a goal to have a new investigator and an other lesson, not knowing exactly how it would happen. When pday was over we went out and started street contacting. After about 10 min someone we had met on the street a few days before called and wanted to meet with us! So that was pretty neat. Prayers are answered- go figure :)
   So other than all that good stuff i'm trying to think of interesting things to tell you. Oh! There's an elder in our zone that we've been working with and he is Simon Dewey's son- like the hardcore artist. Pretty neat, eh?
   We had dinner with Arthur this week and he recieved the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday. yay! He's doing great. He's going home to Brazil for Christmas but hopefully can attend the temple while he's there. We're excited for him.
   Wellllllll wish me luck this week! keep S. Casner and I in your prayers!
Love Sister Messer

No comments: