Saturday, April 13, 2013

It's officially my last transfer as of today


Hey Everyone!
Our district. We all serve in the Don Mills ward.
Don Mills South: E. Orr & E. Rowley
Don Mills North: E. Cragun & Lacoste
Don Mills East: Sis. Cross & I



   Yup, conference was pretty great! My favorite talk? I really liked Sis. Dalton's. There were so many on marriage and commandments and yes, missionary work! It was all pretty great. Our investigator, Jacob, came for 1 session on Saturday and both on Sunday. He's progressing pretty well- he's an interesting guy. He's just grown up thinking about way too many options about God and different religions and stuff. He likes to confuse himself. haha But we love him. We love him a lot. We really are hoping to find some solid investigators this week so we can have a couple of baptisms this transfer! It's officially my last transfer as of today. That's super weird but I don't think it'll hit me until i'm off the plan in the USA. Until then, not much is gonna change! I'm just determined to make it the best transfer in the history of the Can-Tor mission.

   So, yes- transfers are tomorrow! Calls were made last night. We're staying here! In fact our entire district is staying which we were all pretty shocked about. Not many changes this transfer but rumor has it that next transfer is another big one. It doesn't really apply to me :)

   This week we had dinner with a great family in the ward- the Lim's. We invited Jacob and he came as well. After sharing a message, Bro. Lim said, "Sister Messer, I have a gift for you." He handed me some caribeeners (sp?) and I was like, "gee, thanks bro. Lim...what are these for?" He said, "I noticed your purse straps were breaking." It's true, one side is tied with a red ribbon and the other is safety pinned. haha Now I don't have to lift my bag up as I run for the bus hoping that the strap won't snap again. haha I continued to show them the lining of my coat which is torn and taped back together and the dirty-ness of my coat that I claim to be all the bus's fault. It just came to my realization after that how worn out my stuff is. I can now relate to all missionaries who wear their shoes 'just a couple more weeks...' in hope that they'll actually last their entire mission. So know that i'm in good hands, the ward takes care of their old, dying missionaries.

   Did I mention to you that Subhash recieved the Mel. priesthood a few weeks ago? Now he is in India for a few months. I don't think he gets home until end of July/Aug.

   Last Pday Sister Cross and I went downtown and visited the Hotel lobby of the Royal York hotel. It was super duper fancy. They had this book that was signed by the Queen and Pr. Charles a few years ago. Then we went to St. Lawrence Market, a big indoor farmers market and vendors. We shopped around and had lunch at a Greek place.

   Well, this week is going to be fantastic. We'll be working hard to find those solid gators and talking to the fantastic people here in Toronto. Have a great week!

Love, Sister Messer

 

No comments: