Thursday, January 7, 2010

Odd Facts

Since school started, i've been learning some really cool stuff. I decided I would share it with the world every once in a while :) So...blog #1 on odd facts.


Whenever your rose has a perfectly straight stem, that means it was grown on the equator :) (via flower arranging, bro Romney)


When you're painting walls in your house, always tape a sample up and look at it very often throughout the day. The color changes because of the light in the room. It looks different at every time of day! If it's a warm color, in the summer the room will feel 2-3 degrees hotter, pyscologically. (via Color Theory, bro Parson)


The largest commercial building in the world is in Aalsmeer, Holland. (999,000 sq. meters)Guess what it's used for...flower auction! Instead of using trucks to transport the flowers, they're picked up, just like the doors in Monsters Inc & taken to a building across the road to ship them. This teacher of mine will often get flowers sent to BYUI from there to arrange the bouquets for the devotionals.


That's just a few...I will post stuff like this every once in a while...haha. I think it's awesome stuff.

2 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

ok...cool cool cool

please email me with more painting tips. I NEED HELP.

Lisa said...

well aus that was very interesting and makes me feel smarter! sweet tips. you'll have to help us all!