Thursday, March 28, 2013

Maria and Shaun are getting baptized this Sunday!


Hey Hey Hey Everyone!
   Well, I have good news! Remember Maria that I taught in London? She got baptized yesterday! Remember Shaun that I taught in London? He came to church the 1st time the last week i was there and had his coffee mug and cigarettes with him... he got baptized too! Sa--weeeet! It's always good to hear that news. We had a leadership training on Thursday with trainers/trainees/District leaders and zone leaders. I saw my zone leaders from London and they said, "guess what?! Maria and Shaun are getting baptized this Sunday!" It was great news!
   This week we've been trying to find people to teach! Story of my life :) We're still working with Garlyn. She's been sick this weekend so couldn't come to church but she's the most solid gator we have right now. We have an appt with a potential tonight that should be interesting. His name is William, he's an alter boy at a church nearby but is stoked to read the BOM. He used to be homeless but has a cute little appt that he is so proud of! It's really cool to hear people's story about their journey to God. Especially when they've overcome so much! We'll see how it all goes.
   Gma, I got your package! Thanks :) I also got a CAKE from the Carson's...so thank you! It's so great to get mail :) Just think...when I get home and see all those people that want to be my friends but never wrote me a letter....hahaha jk. I'll still love you. probably.
    This morning we had just woken up and we had our window cracked and heard someone talking to someone on the parking lot level outside so we looked outside and could hear someone groaning. There was a lady laying in the parking lot at the bottom of the stairs. You could tell she couldn't move her arm and couldn't get up very easily and the person talking to her was yelling through a window communicating with her and we heard her say, "i'll be right down." So we figured she was on her way to help but a couple minutes passed and still no one had shown up and she was trying to get off the ground and was crawling to a wall for support so we hurry and put our coats on and ran down in our Pj's. The lady couldn't move her arm and was in a lot of pain but was totally conscious and talking to us so we called the ambulance and she had dislocated her shoulder. So that was our excitement for the morning.
   Well, things are chuggin along. I forgot my camera cord so I can't send home any pictures! :( But I will sure try my hardest to remember it next week. Lo siento! Mom, you asked about Nemo...we have gotten snow this week but today it's the perfect day! The Torontonians say that it's been a bad winter towards the end here cuz it just keeps snowing. Spring is supposed to be here though, eh?!
Talk to ya'll soon! Have a grand week!
Sister Messer

No comments: