Thursday, May 16, 2013

This is soooooooo weird.



Helloooo!!
Well, we just received an email from the mission office telling us about Pday changes next week because of Victoria Day-it's changed to Wednesday which is when I fly out Sooooo this is my last Pday!!! Just an extra full day to serve the Lord, eh? :)
Self explanatory!
   This morning I was working on a letter i'm supposed to write to President Scott about what "my mission means to me"...I didn't know where to start! I'm so grateful for my mission. To try and even sum up what it means to me on paper or in words seems impossible. I've been thinking a lot about how i'm going to keep the good habits and characteristics i've developed on my mission and carry them throughout my life. Realistically I won't be able to have hours of solid study every morning etc but there are definitely things I can keep with me! My full-time mission may be ending but my responsibility to serve doesn't! I'm excited for what will start happening next but it's for sure a bitter sweet feeling.
   It was so fun talking to all of you on skype yesterday! I must agree that it was an odd feeling to just be like "well, see ya in a few days!" haha



us with Laeke
   This past week has been pretty good. We picked up a new investigator- Alice (yes, another alice! haha) She's from Rwanda, Africa. She's kind of a cool story. We found her in our former investigators and dropped by a few weeks ago. When she answered she told us she wasn't interested but I felt like we just needed to continue to talk to her, so we continued to. A few minutes later we asked again when we could come by again and talk with her & teach her more. She gave us her phone number and we called last week and made an appt! The teaching appt went really well, she prayed for the first time and you could tell she felt really happy. We're seeing her again tomorrow.
High Park and the Cherry Blossoms
   Our other investigators have been reading and praying but struggling to come to church. We have a few that we're excited to work with this week and help them overcome that barrier. One particularly we're quite excited about is Louis- he's from the Congo. He's a smart and educated guy who is sincerely seeking truth. When we taught him last week the lesson went really well. He actually showed up to church that Sunday but was like 2 min. late and we didn't see him so he left! booooo. So fingers crossed (and prayers being said) that this week goes better and he comes to church!
High Park with the Hermanas (Spanish speaking missionaries)
   Last week we met the hermanas and went to High Park. All the cherry blossoms were out so tons of people were there taking pictures. We walked around and took random pictures and what not. It was a pretty place! Today we're planning to go downtown, probably U of T and Little Italy. :)
   Well, you also asked about S.Cross skyping- it went great. She's a lot stronger than I was the first time I talked to you guys! Not a single tear was shed! haha
   Well, I suppose this is it. See ya at the airport! Don't leave me hangin'. ;)
Love Sister Messer

This is soooooooo weird.


No comments: