Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Entry Way

In my Space Planning class, we were learning about entryways. I never knew an entry way was so important. Being the first impression of the house, it should be perfect.

What I learned about Entryways:
-A bench should be there for guests to take their shoes off (but seriously...who makes their guests take thier shoes off?) I don't know, but I like it! In wet places, it's a perfect place to remove boots.
-Don't forget the hooks to hang coats or hats on.
-There should be an awning above the door on the exterior, because what guest wants to sit in rain or have icicles falling on their head? (i'm in Rexburg mode)
-There should be a mirror because people are "observed & greeted" at the door.
-The floor should be hard (wood, tile, etc.) to make it easier to clean. A mat gives guests a place to wipe their feet.
{My Ultimate Favorite}: There should be an umbrella rack.
What's classier than an umbrella rack? Seriously, my future home will have an umbrella rack. Just the thought of it gets me excited...


2 comments:

Corinne Chidester said...

This put the biggest smile on my face. I personally detest the thought of a dripping wet umbrella rack, but you go get it girl. I'm going to have a BOMB shoe-storage rack. =)

health related said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.