Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My 4th

Ohhhhhh the 4th of July. Quite the excellent holiday (if i may say so myself). It may be because it's so close to my birthday, or the fact that it really means that summer freedom is here, or maybe it's because it makes me think of the block party they have in the movie The Sandlot, celebrating the 4th. Whatever it is, I really do like it. 
How do you celebrate? 
My family goes riding in the hills. This year we found a few dead cows (probably the worst smell i've ever inhaled through my nostrils), a turtle (quickly declared the name "Speedster") and a few geocaches. Then we have breakfast at McDonalds and rent a movie.  

Photobucket

Then we have a family BBQ, and I got to blow out some early birthday candles!

Photobucket


We took my younger cousins to the fireworks show at the fairgrounds & ended the night at my house lighting our own. The 4th of July is the ultimate Summer holiday. I love the 4th of July.

Photobucket

My Birthday is tomorrow! Tomorrow! Wooohoooo!

1 comment:

Michaela said...

yay for the 4th! and i love reading your blog. sewiously.. love. looks like you had a grand ole' time in logandale!