Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Run-Into & My Homies

Yet another picture of Toronto

I had a very funny and cool experience happen to me on Saturday. I was in St. George, UT and decided to go into Christensen's and do some mission shopping. I overheard a girl talking to a sales guy about different kinds of shoes for warm weather that are comfortable blah blah so I decided I should probably listen in because the shoes she was asking questions about was the typical sister missionary (gross) shoes. (i.e. Clarks & Dansko...what other ones are good yet a little more stylish? anybody know?) Because she was leaving on a mission soon. The man leaves for a  minute to grab her some shoes to try on and my mom asks her, "Where are you going?" Our conversation went a little something like this:
Her: Canada
Me: ME TOO!
Her: Really? Where at?
Me: Toronto
Her: ME TOO!
Me: (shut upppp!)
Turns out she leaves in 3 weeks but is learning Spanish so she stays in the MTC 2 months. She'll still be there when I get there in November. To make matters even crazier, we're related. Ya, we have the same great grandmother or something like that.
Weird things happen. Right place, right time...must have happened for a reason!


On a downer subject, my homies are starting our their 3rd year with the design program at BYUI. I can't believe they'll be graduated when I get back in 2 years! Oh how that's gonna be so hard! I'll be rooting for you guys to kick Passive Solar's butt. Boooyah

Photobucket
Our road trip last Oct. to the moon & Sun Valley, ID

Ok, but really. Tell me what brand produces cute, sensible & comfortable missionary shoes?

2 comments:

Connie said...

I don't know about a certain brand, but they don't have to be ugly :) Just shop around and look for shoes with good soles and that won't fall off when you walk. Everyone always thinks Doc Marten Mary Janes, but they are too heavy for my liking. Keep in mind you also might be buying boots in the winter, depending on winter weather there, so your regular shoes don't have to be too butch.

I got one of my favorite pairs of mission shoes at Mervyn's, if you can believe it. Don't judge, it was long ago... They were cute slip-on black leather shoes with decent soles. They lasted my whole mission too.

So I would just say to shop around real well. There might be some good stuff coming out for Fall. Try Nordie's or Macy's maybe. Good luck!

Tibi said...

Mady said that girls parents know my dad or something..ha