Sunday, September 25, 2011

I Break Rules on Sundays

Do you like dressing up on Sundays? I think I do. There's something about going through your skirts and dresses and shirts and mixing and matching that I just find a lot of joy out of. I've had an idea for a few weeks that I didn't think i'd have the guts to pull off...let me get to the point. Today I wore a polka dot shirt with a floral patterned skirt. Fashion rule broken? Perhaps. Awkward because it's a mirror shot? Absolutely. I'm breaking all sorts of rules. All of a sudden i'm posting outfit pictures, taken with a camera phone, in my messy room all while not knowing if you smile in these sort of pictures or not. I make fun of those kind of girls. Eh, sue me.

Photobucket


I just wanted to ask you if you think it works. Do you think it does? Do you think i'd get kicked off the mish if I made such a bold fashion statement? haha Am I the only person in the world without a smart phone?

9 comments:

Michaela said...

hahaha! you funny, girl. well, i'll have you know that i absolutely loved your outfit. i almost told you, but i think we were in the middle of the relief society lesson.. hehe. love it. also, just love your blog and you in general. and i don't have a smart phone either!

Austrie said...

haha oh michaela! i can always count on ya. haha

Noelle said...

I LOVE IT. I'd wear it everyday. (haha although this is coming from the girl who wears D.I mumu's on a regular basis) either way, you look awesome!

Austrie said...

Noelle, i love your mumu!!!

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I don't follow rules, be like me, it's awesome. I don't have a smart phone, get this...I don't have a cell phone. I had one in college and up until 3 years ago but I haven't for 3 years. I made a commitment to get rid of it til we were credit card debt free. Now we are,...so maybe I'll get one soon. I don't want a smart phone (can't see it) just something that has a full keyboard ha ha...I do have an iPad 2....

Becca :) said...

I love your outfit. Of course you can pull it off! You are so... I can't think of the word.. But whatever it is, you're it! And I don't have a smartphone either... Boo. But maybe one of these days... Love you!

Lori Embree said...

Hi there, are you still around BYU-Idaho? I teach at BYUI and I am looking for an interior design student to come help me decorate my home. Would you be interested, or know someone who is? Let me know. LoriEmbree@gmail.com. :-)

Unknown said...

funnnn outfit! love the colors & pattern-mixing! (PS-Want to win a pair of Cents of Style shoes of your choice? Enter on my blog today: www.rubygirlblog.com)

Pia said...

I love this outfit! Who cares about "fashion rules", you look lovely!
For some reason, Sunday is my favorite day to get all dressed up. :)