Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mild Changes & Inspiration

I was supposed to begin painting my room today. I couldn't decide on the color & that's when I unwrapped the quilt I just bought for my bed and laid it out. Me = no likey. Sooo I spent a few hours researching my many  choices online for the perfect duvet/comforter/quilt...whatever tickled my fancy. I had it narrowed down to 2 awesome duvets from Urban Outfitters when I decided to take the plunge. I just purchased 
and I am oh-so-excited.

So the project soon begins! A few inspiration picture i've gathered so far:




You may be wondering how I will be using these ideas in the re-doing of my (8th grade) bedroom. All I have to say is stay tuned to find out! There are a few small projects in between that I will also be posting about.
I have one question for you though! Coat hooks. Where do I find cute/cheap/classy coat hooks? I love Anthropologies & Urban Outfitters hooks but I don't want to pay ten bucks a pop. I've thought about buying basic hooks from a hardware store and painting them...Suggestions?

6 comments:

Taryn Robison said...

oooh ya that's a classy one. ps love the middle pic with all the picture frames, do that. or wait and do it in our (or my) house someday, ya know, when we live together after the mish!

Unknown said...

The second photo is beeauuutiffuuulllll! You might say I lurve it.

Corinne Chidester said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that duvet! So you! I know this is weird, but Porter's has GREAT coat hooks. Just ask Kirsten...

Unknown said...

Truth. I have some in my entry way to be precise. 3 that came to a total of $9. The real question will be whether or not they 1) have a Porters in NV and 2) if they have a look you want. Either way, quite the steal if I must say so!

Young People in Love said...

Just found your blog and LOVE it! And seriously- your background pattern is AMAZING. Holy moly.

Super excited to see all your projects and...I'm your newest follower ;)

Connie said...

Awesome hooks and hardware? Hobby Lobby.