Saturday, December 4, 2010

What's this feeling?


Today I got to do whatever i wanted. it was pretty unbelievable. I mean, technically there is plenty of assignments i could be working on...but they're not due for a couple weeks :)
So today i let myself go. . . I guess you could call it that. . .

I slept in
Took a trip to walmart (got the coolest mug & hot chocolate. necessities!)
Saw Unstoppable with 2 of my wonderful friends (Chris Pine? Holla!)
Ate at Frontier Pies (chocolate peanut butter pie? yes please! Man working at the pie counter? yes please!)

And amongst all of these wonderful activities I was thinking a little something along the lines of this:

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by
-Douglas Adams
and how good it feels to work hard on a project and be pleased with the outcome

The final project I talked a little bit about already included many many things. To name a few, I had to draft on CAD a presentation plan, lighting plan and furniture plan. Complete a colored floor plan on Photoshop and also a color rendering. Then put together 2 boards with finishes, inspiration pics, furniture pics, fabric choices etc for the Great Room & Bedroom Suite that were in the condo remodel. Then put together specifications, finish keys, ideation, and plans in a book. It really gets exhausting! And the fear of forgetting something is always there. haha. Anyway, here are a couple pictures I promised my mom. they were taken at very early hours in the morning...take a gander...comment...if you so desire...even if you don't desire.


{Sample board for the Great Room}


{Sample board for Grandmothers Suite}


{Colored Floor Plan}


{Quick vignette rendering from the Great Room}

Yup, so those are a few parts to the project. It's pretty crazy everything i've been learning. I can't believe how different I see many things now too. For example, I was watching Conan a couple weeks ago and just FYI his new set is all Mid-Century Modern design classic furniture! It was really weird. I'll notice stupid things on commercials and especially in movie theaters while watching movies. It's embarrassing.

3 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

the stuff you are doing is totally rad aus.

and it's not embarrassing, it's proof to your mom and dad that their money is NOT being wasted! plus, you can use your skills to help my house. seriously, we need to schedule my first consult.

Corinne Chidester said...

Your renderings are BEAUTIFUL! Oh, and I'll take a slice of the man-candy too. ;)

Mr. Messer said...

Corinne......really.....?
Looks great Aus! I can't believe my freckle-faced Ginger can do all that stuff. Aus' Dad