Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bedroom Revamp (numero tres)

Folks, let it be known that i'm a definite procrastinator. That's not a good thing, i don't think. But i've had big plans to dedicate an entire wall to pictures. Pictures are a cool thing, don't you agree? I love to look at a picture & have a rush of awesome memories flood my brain. Brains are a cool thing too. My point is, i've procrastinated this picture collage i've planned on doing but i finally got it done! Well, mostly...i just have to pick out my memories & print them out. I'm very hesitant to post the before picture hahaha but check it out:

Photobucket

(the posters have been removed, rolled up & i think i'm doing alright, thanks for asking)
I only bought 4 of the frames on the wall, the other ones were my Grandma Nelda's or I found them in our storage room. (Even better!) The green mirror I found and re-painted also.

I also painted some old doorknobs that are from my Grandma Nelda's house. My mom grabbed them before it was knocked down in the early 90's and they've just been sitting in our garage covered in spider webs. No spider webs anymore! No siree. Decorated with a few of my fav necklaces, i love how they turned out!

Photobucket


I also got this sweeeeet gold birdcage at a local consignment store. Love at first sight.
Photobucket


The Breakdown
Frames: Total of about $17
Green spray paint for mirror & chair: $3.50
Birdcage: $20

Not too shabby, eh?

8 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Ooh that bird cage I can tell is a bit of a splurge but seriously, perfect. Love it...(I love consignment/thrift/ect. shopping!) This is turning out really great. Give a percentage on how close you are to being done. By the way, I will be home this weekend, but I'll also be home the weekend of July 22. Michaela and possibly Kira will also be home that weekend, pencil in the BBQ! If you guys will be in town...

Corinne Chidester said...

AUSTRIE! I love it!!!!! It looks so beautiful!!! I've always wanted to do a wall like that, but always way too nervous about how it would turn out. Props, MAJOR props girl. I may want you to do my room when I get back from the mish....

Corinne Chidester said...

OH MY GOSH I JUST SAW THE FEDORA AND DIED.

Austrie said...

Thanks guys! haha Percentage wise of being done....am i ever done?! haha probably 80% done. all i have left is my computer desk area and dresser area...which definitely isn't much of a project. As far as our BBQ, my family is going back to be in the Nauvoo pageant that week in July!
thanks for the props,corinne! haha i love the fedora too! the hook it's hanging on is legit! (if i may say so myself)
it all looks better in person! haha

Spenser.Michaela.Aria.Izen said...

Love, love, absolute LOVE! It's all vintage and whatnot and I am in love. It's settled. I will pay for everything if you want to come decorate a room in my house. You get free reign! seriously. :D When you are all like top designer and what not, I'll be like, she SO decorated my {insert room you'd do}. Member us little people when you bop, bop, bop, bop to the top mmmmkay?

Austrie said...

Michaela! my goodness! thanks girl! i'm all yours ;)

Michaela said...

That bird cage rocks. We should find some way to incorporate it into our BBQ reunion if possible. And thrift/consignment stores are just great. "One man's toxic sludge is another man's potpourri."

Lexie & Sharrid said...

ha ha michaela, is that dumb and dumber...crap what is that? ha ha