Friday, June 3, 2011

Bedroom Revamp (numero dos)

Good news! Another major project for my bedroom revamp has been finished! wooohooo! 
PROJECT: SQUARE FRAMES

I wanted to do something to cause more visual interest on the most visible wall in my room. I bought some grey contrasting paint, sketched out what I wanted to get measurements and went to work.

My Process:


Photobucket




Final Product:

Photobucket

So as you can see from above, I drew out my dimensions & how I wanted everything to look. Remember  my inspiration for this? Then drew squares with pencil and made my own stencil out of styrene for the rounded edges. Then I just went to work! Many things still need to be done...like magic erase all the pencil marks of the wall, do a little touch ups and certainly buy a new lamp. However, i'm liking how things are coming along! Are you? Also partially shown is my new duvet cover & decorative pillows. yay!

The Breakdown
Primer coat of paint: free-left over from building house
Paint: "Old World Romance" Eggshell finish. Bought at ACE for about $25
Square paint: "Seal Point" Paint Pod at ACE for about $5
Styrene: Left over from 3D modeling class
Outlined with 70% and 80% grey Prisma Color Markers (white trash? a little bit, did it work? absolutely.)
Duvet cover: Urban Outfitters
Decoratvie pillows: Ross

It's actually coming along! Holla!

7 comments:

Corinne Chidester said...

BEAUTIFUL! I'm beyond impressed that you found a useful way to use styrene! haha! Noelle looks at my screen and says... "Who's room is that?"
"My friend Austriana's."
"It's pretty!"
Way to go, coach! You got even my tomboy sister to approve your design! :)

Austrie said...

let's never mention styrene again! ;) but i'm glad somebody else likes it too haha

Lexie & Sharrid said...

What are you trying to say about Tomboy's, that they lack good taste?...hmmm...right well, ANYHOO! Nice. Maybe I'll get to see the FINISHED product at our neighbor reunion BBQ!!! Ha!

Michaela said...

haha, i love it aus. very nice and not over the top. tasteful. i like.

Annie Leavitt said...

um, those are awesome. really, cool. and i think would look perfect in my living room too. hmm...need any more practice! ha.

i wonder well you'll get tired of my begging for you to decorate my house? i'm making curtains tomorrow if you want to learn how : )

lauren brimley said...

Oh my gosh! I am SO impressed! Love, love love!

Spenser.Michaela.Aria.Izen said...

LOVE.