Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Good Bye Provo-Hello Toronto!

Hi everyone, Austrie's mom.  I have to tell you we were graced by a phone call from Sister Messer this morning at 5:45am.
 IT WAS SO WONDERFUL TO HEAR HER SWEET VOICE!!!
She was at the SLC airport with 14 other missionaries travelling to Toronto as well.
She will fly into Detroit at 10:00am, NV time, and then on to Toronto an hour later.  She'll arrive at 12:30NV time.
She was really looking forward to getting to Toronto!
So, we got a letter from her that she wrote on Thanksgiving Day.  She said they had a grand Thanksgiving meal in the cafeteria.  They also had a fireside that morning.  This is what she said
"This morning I had to usher the devotional.  I was in charge of the very front by the podium.  Guess who our speaker was?  Elder Russell M. Nelson!  When he came in I was only 5ft away from him!  Ushers had saved seating in the 4th row.  During a missionary's talk, I was looking at him and he turned directly at me, smiled and winked.  I'm not even fibbing.  I was like "What the?"  Then it got awkward cuz I wasn't sure he was looking at me so I kinda looked around and no one else saw it."
She also said that Sister Shelby Bennet accompanied a violinist for "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief."  Sister Bennet is also from our stake and she entered the MTC the same day as Aus.  She also saw Elder Derrick Cameron ushering the upper level, and saw Elder Zach Staley in the congregation.  Yay for Logandale Stake!

No comments: