Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Last week at the MTC

LOVE the pictures!  I did get your cookies! Yum! Just got back from the temple. We did initiatories...how do you spell that? haha It was cool to do that again since I hadn't gone since i went through. WE took a district picture in front of the temple (minus the other sisters because they're always late/doing their own thing) But I will try to send it asap! Just think...one week from right now i'll be on a plane to Toronto!!! well, technically to Detroit. (did you get my last letter with all my travel plans?) We're quite excited.  There's about 15 missionaries going to Toronto in our travel group. BIG! It will be fun! Alright...I try to write down things I want to tell you through out the week but it's so hard to remember because SO MUCH happens! It's insane.
So mady, to answer your question about cute elders...I think you'd like it here. I'll have to send you a picture of my district. I think you may be rather fond of a few of them. As far as at the MTC, you'd love to walk around because there are an abundance of rather good looking young men. Don't worry, my heart is locked ;)
OHMYGOSH. a few nights ago there was a BYU fball game going on. Kill me! I fell asleep to hearing Beyonce or something like that. Alright, not quite but i did open my window and look out & I can see the fball field lights & hear the band and crowd. talk 'bout torture.
I can't remember if i told you this but I basically spend all day in building 8m. Sis. Bennett is right down the hall, along with elder cameron! and elder staley is on the next floor up! So everyone from our valley is in the same building. I see them quite often!
 I'm really learning how to recognize the Holy Ghost and it's crazy powerful! Like HEY hg, where have you been all my life? ;) Learn to recognize those promptings! It's so neat. I wish I could've learned a while ago! Or at least better recognize it.
Another thing we did last night was BOM study with our district. We start where we left off last study but we usually only get through about 4 verses in 1/2 hour or so. We get into topics that are just really cool that I never knew about the BOM. For example, When Nephi talks about he father "dwelt in a tent" Did you know that was referring to their temple? I guess they had a "portable temple" they carried w/them as they traveled. So the verse in 1 Nephi that just says "and he dwelt in a tent" or whatever, they're totes talking about the temple. Which totally makes sense! Why would Nephi talk about their tents all the time and where it was at? Cuz it's the temple! oh heyyy.
Well, I've only got a few more minutes. I guess I need to type faster but alas, i cannot! Hopefully I can print out that family pic you sent me, it's a keeper! Next time you get an email from me i'll be in TORONTO! ah!
sister messer

No comments: