Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy Weekend!

Man, rough week to get back into the swing of things! To make everything better, it's snowed pretty much every day since i've been back from the blissful weekend getaway. Lovely, eh? Alas, it is the weekend (again!) not only that, it's 6pm on a Friday night and i'm so bored. Like sooooo bored. Thank goodness Say Yes To The Dress is on tonight. 
Today the Interior Design sophomore class met individually with our design professors for a "portfolio review" and it went really well. Like REALLY well. I got a little boost i needed to get me through the semester. I think i'm definitely my harshest critic because I got compliments on projects that I thought weren't very good. Everything is super. I'm excited to continue on with the program! 
Wanna hear a funny story? I knew you would. Well, i'm usually at the Clarke building on campus a lot. A lot! On Wednesday I had skipped lunch because i'm on campus 10-4:15 and it's a hassle to pack a lunch, right? Well, vending machines seemed like a good idea at the time. *hint* never go to vending machines alone because you never know when your snack will get stuck and you'll look like a freak trying to get it out. GAH. So here I am pushing the catcher thing up and down, causing a scene. Now looking around with the "don't worry about me, i've totally got it covered" look on my face when i notice 2 people passing behind me slow down and look down at me. (yes, i was crouching.) I look up timidly and notice two boys wondering if i needed some assistance. Before i move on with the story, i think you should know they were identical twins. Of course they were cute identical twins. great. One of them then works their magic, has it out in like 10 seconds. thanks identical twin boy. 
Vending machines are supposed to be a simple, no-hassle machine! I'm sure you've had it happen to you before too---tell me your vending machine stories, people! 

Happy Weekend!
Good Luck Pirate basketball at state!
More luck to the best athletes who will be performing at 1/2 time--Pirate Motion (cuz i know there are a few of you who read my blog-holla!)
And because blog posts without pictures are boring, check this out:


This would be Pantone colors for Spring 2011...so when you're out shopping, i suggest these colors because then you'll be hip. That deserves a hip-hip-hurray! holla!
I would like a Peapod, knee-length flowy dress with a Russet colored belt, and bracelets with every single other color. And shoes? no thanks, i'm sick of shoes, i'm going barefoot :)

3 comments:

Corinne Chidester said...

Ok, liar. You are NEVER at the clarke....

Austrie said...

i'm never at the clarke on weekends. haha i didn't mean i'm always at the clarke when i don't have class there! But i'm there all day for classes as we all are!

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Hilarious. I LOVE the Peapod the best but I'm a sucker for sea foamy green colors. And it's kind of hard to find a good sea foam green or minty green.