Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Fam Roadtrip

I don't even know where to start. Our 2 week trip back to Nauvoo to be in the pageant was a different and fun family vacation. We cut some major trail. 3,500 miles of trail.That's a lot of car time. We went through Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska.

The largest ball of twine in the world (so they claim) in Cawker City, KS

Photobucket

Glenwood Caverns in Colorado. We took a tour through the caverns and rode on an alpine slide down the hill. It's a pretty sweet place. There's even a swing that swings you over the side of the mountain, pretty legit.
Photobucket

The new temple in Kansas City, MO. Totally resembles Rexburg's, no?
Photobucket


Nauvoo

A scene from the pageant we were in for 5 days
Photobucket


I told you about the sweet pioneer clothes :) Standing in front of our country fair activity we were in charge: Little Nauvoo, where we taught a dance called The Highland Fling
Photobucket

Teaching The Highland Fling
Photobucket


Standing in front of the mighty Mississippi!
Photobucket

My dad is a college ball buff, so we stopped at a couple Universities.
University of Nebraska
Photobucket

Ended the trip right with a baseball game in Denver. Rockies vs Phillies
Photobucket

Apologies for the major photo dump but how else do I tell you all about my vacation? A picture is worth a million words...and there's so much that I left out! But that's a little taste of our family vacation. OH, I took the plunge-I got bangs! Verdict: I love them!

2 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Glad you love the bangs, I want to see! AND I LOVE Alpine Sliding! We went as a big family reunion when I was like 8 or 9, right around the time we moved to the valley and we kept on going for a couple hours, we had the thing reserved. It was so awesome, I want to do that again for sure.

P.S. Austrie, just for you to know...I WILL be to your farewell ;)

Austrie said...

This comment makes so much sense after seeing your post on facebook! moving to Logandale, holla! i must not lie, tonight me & mady went for a drive & we looked for houses for you to rent haha buttttt we didn't find anything worth telling you about :)