Thursday, August 18, 2011

In Like With Toronto


I can't exactly say i'm "in love" with Toronto yet, right? So for now I guess i'm just madly in like with him. (can we call Toronto a him? alright, thanks.) As you can imagine, some people know a few things about this place. When they hear i'm going there, they're happy to share, and I don't mind! I've collected a few tid bits about this place and i'm welcoming your comments too! When I say i'm going to the Canada Toronto Mission, it actually covers a huge part of Ontario. We're talking like Niagara Falls (Canadian side) all the way up to Hudson Bay area. So when i'm finding out things about Toronto...who knows if it's even remotely the same a few hundred miles away! Hmmm shucks. But let me tell you this, Toronto. Sounds. Awesome.

Remember my want to go to NYC? If you've been reading this blog long enough, you know i'm pretty much obsessed with the place. So when I heard Toronto is like the NYC of Canada, I was happy. It has musical theater, design, architecture and all the goods just like NYC (not like i'll be basking in the musical theater shows...dang.) But the fact that it's part of the lifestyle there makes me excited!

-Someone told me Toronto is uber fashionable, that the fashion meets Toronto from Paris before it even hits NYC. Cool, eh? (throwing in that Canadian "eh" cuz i'm partially allowed to now!) 
-It's also a really clean and relatively safe city
-They calls napkins "serviettes"? uhh alright.
-They call sofas "chesterfields" 
-Someone also told me it's not as cold there as it is in Rexburg. I'm taking that as the truth and rollin' with it.

I don't even know what else to tell you. You're probably like ya, so what? hahaha I'm just excited, that is all.
What do you know about Toronto?
____________________________________________________

(i drew a line because this is serious business)
I'm going to Phoenix tomorrow.
You guys knew this, right? That i'm going to AZ?
So i have one question for you!
Why in the world did none of you tell me Prince Harry (in the flesh!) is in AZ doing apache helicopter training as we speak?! (well technically not "as we speak" because i read the he flew home to see London burning? whatevs) He's still there! In Arizona!
Just know that when I meet him, i'm not saying hi for any of you.
But don't worry too much, you'll still all be invited to the wedding.
Pip pip cheerio!

1 comment:

Michaela said...

I love the goodies on Toronto! Exciting! Sounds like a fun place to visit/live and a tough place to do missionary work! "Serviettes" is the French word for napkins.. so.. there you go!